Pages

Friday 2 November 2012

Bonjour! Salut! Bonne Journée!

"I'm in France!"




SNAP!

 "I wish I'd ordered Wine..."
"... Me too."

Our 1st day was a lovely one. A casual walk around, surrounded by art, music and SUNSHINE!!

-

Day 3

 We were sent to meet our new workmates, all of which are very accommodating but speak as much English as I do French.

Luckily for me, Horticultural practice seems to be universal,
But communication still seems like one long game of charades.

Listening and trying to communicate with everyone around you in a different language is exhausting.
But with so much practice, I hope I can say that I'm slowly improving.

-
One of the guys, Frederic, who came from France to England has let me borrow his guitar for the duration of our trip. Life is good.
-

01 Nov

"Le Modern- Piano Bar"
After the owner of the place noticed I bloody loved it he asked if I'd like to have a play of the piano... "Non, non, merci beaucoup..."

"You have to, who else can say they've played in a Peruvian Piano Bar" - Chelsea.
So after a little bullying, I got up, played badly, and sat back down again. HA. 

The End.
-

02 Nov

Today I went trawling the streets of Paris ALONE. Alot more daunting than I thought it would be.  
There were hitches before I even started, all were language related.
I felt very small.

But I found the notorious 'Shakespeares Bookshop', visited a beautiful chapel, and also found a Vinyl shop http://www.crocodisc.com/ where the guys in the shop let me play on records and cd's and told me of other artists to look up! I'll definitely go back soon, I think I made some amis :)!
(photos yet to be developed)

Signing out, Cally.








No comments:

Post a Comment